Tuesday, August 11, 2009

'Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus' trailer


1000 years ago, Doctor Parnassus made a deal with the Devil...to be freakin' awesome, or so it would seem! This is the movie where Heath Ledger died during filming and I was wondering how they were going to work it all out. Looks like they added a:


And a...

And then a...
To cover the slack? I don't know if, since they are all wearing the same outfit as Ledger, they rewrote it so that the character changes the way he looks, a-la Doctor Who even though he's the same person/thing? EDIT: I just looked on IMDB...they are different "Transformations" of the same person...so it makes sense.

No matter what, it looks like one hell of a crazy movie. I really hope Terry Gilliam finds some success with this one. By success I mean commercial and critical success. I personally love his movies and think they are magical and crazy and imaginative, but I don't think a lot of people feel the same way and I hope this one changes that line of thought with a wider audience.



Here are four extra pictures to show you the beautiful production design/crazy world of Doctor Parnassus:

1 comment:

  1. Terry Gilliam's production designs are unsurpassed. I can't wait for this thing.

    ReplyDelete